Monday, June 25, 2018

A Schizo



FADE IN:
A TYE DYED ROOM WITH 4 KIDS PASSING AROUND A BONG

Valerian Kwon, a 17 year old Asian kid gets the bong, and pulls a big rip. Only to have his cell ring right as he inhales.  Coughing, he answers the phone,
VAL
*coughing* Yello?
MOM
Valy, you need to get home right now!
VAL
Aww, what’d I do this time? *cough*
MOM
Don’t play with me, you’re in trouble! You haven’t been in school for 3 weeks, and your father and I have made up our minds. We’ll talk about it when you get home, NOW!

Val hangs up the cell, and stands up.

VAL OUT LOUD
Hey Kevin, give me that ‘cid, I gotta go…
KEVIN
2 for 20, there you go, pleasure doing business.

Val takes the aluminum foil and sticks it in his wallet after he hands Kevin a $20. Walks out the door, saying “Peace guys”

FADE IN:
HOUSE  REAL CLOSE TO THE STREET
Putting his helmet on walks to his old KE100 on the curb. Kick starts it, and gets going popping a wheelie.  Riding through the semi-deserted Hollywood streets, he sees a green creature about 2 streets away. Rides to it, and it runs away… Takes off his helmet , and starts going to the bush where it disappeared.  Dials his cell:
VAL
Hey Kevin, you got any crazy neighbors to dye their cat neon green?
KEVIN
Hell if I know, there’s a strange old lady next door, maybe she did it!
VAL
Ok, sorry to bother you, peace…

FADE IN:
2 STORY HOUSE WITH A GARAGE

The KE100 pulls up, with Val, and he pulls up his cell phone, clicks a button, and the garage door opens.  Once inside, he closes the garage door, and leaves his helmet on the workbench.

FADE IN:
LIVING ROOM WITH 2 PEOPLE, MR. KWON CLICKING AWAY ON A LAPTOP, AND MRS. KWON READING A BOOK

As Val walks in, both his parents stop what they are doing, and face him.

MOM SCREAMS
You reek of marijuana!
DAD SCREAMS
What’s going on with your school?
VAL
Relax you two, you know I toke, and as for school: I’m just waiting to take my SATs
DAD
Well son, your birthday is next week, and we feel as though you may need a vacation to celebrate.
VAL
Oh shnap, really dad? You’re the best!
MOM
You need to detox for 3 years at the Dosol-am Buddhist Monastery.
VAL
You can’t be serious! I’m supposed to graduate this year!
DAD
We know, we feel this is best for you. You need to clear your mind to focus on what is really important with finishing school, and all. Plus, you’ve been heavy on the drugs, and you’re a diagnosed schizophrenic.
VAL
Guys, this must be a fantasy of yours, I’m not going!
DAD
We’ve booked you a flight to Seoul, tomorrow. You are going, and take your medicine. I’ll be up in 5 minutes with your shot.
VAL
Haha, yeah ok…
MOM
Vally, do you need to spend some time at the hospital?
VAL
Ok, I don’t know what is up with you two, but I’m going to my room.
DAD
Pack up, you’re leaving tomorrow at 4.
VAL
What is up with you?!?!  Leave me alone!
MOM
I’m gunna call the hospital, you need to be Baker Acted
VAL
No don’t, I’ll play along, but not for 3 whole years!
DAD
You’ll get to love it, trust me…

Val closes the door, and gets the LSD out of his wallet and eats it…  His room is all tye dye, his sheets are a big pot leaf, and his pillows tye dyed. He goes to his desktop computer, and goes to Youtube after a couple of clicks. Pulls up Nirvana “Rape Me” and blasts it.
30 seconds later KNOCK KNOCK
He turns the music lower, and plops on his bed… The door opens with his mom sticking her head in.

MOM
Look Val, you’re going to love it in the old country… Everything is so peaceful.
VAL
Well, mom. I have a life here, you can’t expect me to just pack up, and go half way around the world!
MOM
You need some guidance, son, would you rather this or the army?
VAL
Oh, shnap… You didn’t go there! OK, never thought of it that way. If that’s the way you feel about me, then get the fuck out of my room and close the door…

Door closes, and Val gets up and goes to his computer… He puts on The Greatful Dead “Sugar Magnolia” Goes to his beanbag chair that’s all tye dye too, and sits down. Then crosses his leg, first one way, then the other…  Goes to his minifridge in the corner of the room, and gets a quart of OJ and starts chugging on it…  A message on the screen says: Half an hour later…
Everything has a tint, the patterns all over the room are moving and ethereal. We’ll do this by making a video like: “Loving Vincent” and those 2 guys dancing like they’re in an oil painting. We’ll do this for 4 minutes playing out out Prodigy “No Good” Different fractal patterns springing up from different points of the room, all in Tye Dye.

No comments:

Post a Comment